This is just Amazing!! Strawberry-rhubarb is my favourite pie ever, but having a whole pie around the house for 2 people is always a bit much (I mean, we eat it, but maybe shouldn’t). These, however, perfect! This is very tasty! The proportion of rhubarb and strawberries is perfect. I made a half recipe in an 8 x 8 inch pan.
This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp is perfectly juicy with just the right amount of sweetness, and the contrast in textures is spot on. This is a must try summer recipe!
- 1 cup (140g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (80g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (166g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp (5 oz) unsalted butter, cold and diced into small pieces
- Seeds of one small vanilla bean I sell them!
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh strawberries , stemmed and sliced into three pieces (or two if small. About 4 1/2 cups after slicing)
- 1 lb fresh rhubarb , sliced into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup (170g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) orange juice
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream , for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 3 quart baking dish (I used a 12 by 8 by 2 1/2, a 13 by 9 should work fine too), set aside.
- Visit Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp @ cookingclassy.com for full recipe and instructions.