Overnight french toast recipes are the best! It makes breakfast or brunch the next day super easy. Plus, it makes your house smell AH-mazing!
This french toast amazing! The strawberry and cream cheese combo sounds delicious. Overnight bakes like this are my favorites for the weekends, so I can’t wait to make again.
The perfect make-ahead breakfast or brunch. Best of all, bursting with strawberries and cream cheese.
- 1 16 ounce 450 g loaf of French bread, sourdough bread, or challah (day old bread works best), cut into 1-inch cubes with the ends discarded
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened (optional – leave out if preferred)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups sliced strawberries divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk I used almond
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar optional – add if you like your french toast sweeter – I left it out since we usually drizzle with maple syrup once baked
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter cold and cubed
- maple syrup
- more fresh berries
- whipped cream
- powdered sugar
- Make the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Cut in the cubed butter with a pastry blender or two forks. Set aside in the fridge.
- Visit Overnight Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast @ lifemadesweeter.com for full recipe and instructions.